[Fedora-livecd-list] an introduction...

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 18 15:58:04 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:

> I wouldn't go that far. There still should be support for a %post
>
>in kadischi, even if it's just for things like enabling/disabling
>services, writing out a default config (point at your local LDAP
>server? NFS server?), etc.  It's just that the raw bits to actually
>run sanely in R/O mode shouldn't need to be in kadischi.
>
>Bill

As of now, Kadischi has post_install_scripts that are run while the
system is still uncompressed.
And yes, some bits are still needed, the initrd, and kernel cannot be
compressed.
The services, LDAP, NFS configuration sounds really good.
As I've said, Services, Gateway/DHCP server, and runlevel choices are
obvious ones.
Basically in kadischi now..
kadischi.tar.gz will get unarchived in the ramfs and do a pivot_root.
Init then starts.

You really only have a few directories that aren't writeable.
The ones that are, are: /root /home /etc /var /tmp /opt /mnt and /media.
All other directories are RO.

I believe you could throw some work into the post_install_scripts.