[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: newbie question: FC3 and kadischi error

Eric White eric.white at ionpipe.com
Wed Jan 25 02:18:36 UTC 2006

Some quick hacking (passing -v params to python invocations), I was able
to determine that I had *not* done the genhdlist->pkgorder->genhdlist
phase correctly, which was causing an anaconda dependency check routine
to choke and die.

Once done, things have progressed as advertised.

Hence, the only change I've had to make is to replace the single
occurrence of rstri() with strip() and my FC3 Kadischi build on my FC3
host appears to be relatively happy

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 20:04 -0600, J. Hartline wrote:
> Eric White wrote:
>
> >so, digging a little further into the mailing list archive, I saw that
> >my errors, below are an artifact of my FC3 host platform. Replacing the
> >single occurrence of rsplit with split(), left me with in unresolved
> >function (shutil), which became resolved when I used the PYTHONPATH
> >envvar to explicitly point at the installed python library ... but now
> >I'm getting less feedback:
> >
> >[... stuff deleted ...]
> >
> >* Using file:///home/ewhite/src/rnsa/interim/Fedora/base/comps.xml
> >* moving (1) to step selectlangpackages
> >* moving (1) to step checkdeps
> >Checking dependencies in packages selected for installation...
> >* moving (1) to step install
> >* moving (1) to step enablefilesystems
> >* moving (1) to step migratefilesystems
> >* moving (1) to step setuptime
> >* moving (1) to step preinstallconfig
> >* No pcic controller detected
> >* Unable to copy comps package
> >* moving (1) to step installpackages
> >* setting file_context_path
> >to /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts
> >Preparing RPM transaction...
> >In progress...
> >* WARNING: not all packages in hdlist had order tag
> >
> >  ***  Fatal error: anaconda returned non zero (11) exit code. Aborting
> >execution.
> >
> >Cleaning up temporary files...
> >Done.
> >

> >My host is an FC3 system and I'm trying to build an FC3 LiveCD -- I
> >can't move to FC4 at the moment
> >

> Fedora Core 3 now exists in Legacy.
> You might try the resources available at http://fedoralegacy.org and
> some archives available there.