Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] hdd installs from livecd patch - where?

Here is the outline below for Anaconda on LiveCD to install from HDD:

1) Don't use rootpath method at all, Anaconda handles this already during a real installation
2) Setup Kadischi patches for running using --hddinstall flags
3) Setup Anaconda to use --livecd or --hddinstall flags (--livecd method already in development) 4) In fsset.py utilities are in /sbin not /usr/bin or /usr/sbin like mke2fs and mkfs.jfs or tune2fs
5) Anaconda shows only Ext2 to be available from LiveCD installs
6) Let Kadischi run in --hddinstall mode only if /.livecd file is present (This is an Kadischi internal problem) 7) (This may be fixed in CVS) During mkDMNode() we fail if devices already exist in /dev 8) Syslogd.py module is invoked with the wrong filepath. (/sbin vs. /usr/sbin problems etc.)

This is in particular order in which problems were encountered.
I have rectified the problems yet I still get a failure on "usermod cannot be run" during fsset.py and right before installing packages.
Thanks
J. Hartline

Jane Dogalt wrote:

--- Jasper O'neal Hartline <jasperhartline adelphia net> wrote:

Jane Dogalt wrote:

I just noticed that fedora projects weekly says jasper provided a patch for
the
hdd installs.  Was this a typo?  The link only points to a message about the
possibility of creating one, not an actual patch.

I did go through the process of creating one, but it was very obtuse and wouldn't have been accepted by Anaconda dev. The problems lie within Anaconda, if you would like I can briefly go over them in a message to the list, perhaps someone wants to help submit patches to Anaconda dev and/or file RFEs?

Yes.