[Fedora-livecd-list] What to commit to CVS:

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 14 19:24:22 UTC 2006

On 3/14/06, J. Hartline <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:
> I think we need to go ahead and get these committed, bringing Kadischi
> up to speed with FC5
> which is inevitably going to be released is in my opinion more important.
>
> If not, some blocks could be put in to actually make Kadischi work with
> FC4 OR FC5(Final).
> What do you think Chitlesh?

Fedora Core 5 will be soon knocking on our doors.
I remind that for each release, Fedora Core provides the cutting edge
technology.

Since The Kadischi Project is part of the Fedora Project, Kadischi
should eventually be updated to satisfy any user using Fedora Core 5.

As Kadischi is in development stage, I suggest that the CVS version of
Kadischi provides full compatibility to Fedora Core 5 without the need
to patch whatsoever.
Nevertheless, a RPM/SRPM would be enough for FC4 users.

I agree with Jasper to get the CVS version tuned for FC5 and a RPM for FC4.

Afterwards, the documentation needs to be updated to fit the related
changes made in CVS.

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com