Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Expectation Setting

I was getting 3kb/s from that link earlier today.  Just now I saw 100KB/s for
the first meg, then it dropped quickly to 15KB/s and still falling.

I'm impatient.  And the fact that you can't tell me about compatibility and are
looking for tests, does not inspire me with confidence.

For instance, what are you using for X configuration?  Vesa?  That x command
line option which generates a decent xf86config(and which I've woefully
forgotten)?  A script which parses the output of lspci?  For monitors, edid
tool?  assuming it can handle 1024x768x72hz?

How about network autoconfiguration?  Does kudzu have some way to automagically
do that without user intervention during early boot these days?  Did you manage
to find the pcimodules program which seems to be absent from pciutils these
days?  Is there some new magic available for runtime hardware autoconfiguration
that wasn't available the last time I did this a few years ago?

I guess what instills me with fear is seeing anaconda under kadischi spewing
info about probing the hardware of the running system.  For now, I'm working
under the assumption that I may well have to do quite a bit of post processing
to undo assumptions made by a stateful anaconda install.

-jdog