[Fedora-livecd-list] Expectation Setting

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sat Mar 18 15:41:31 UTC 2006

Jane Dogalt wrote:

> If my evaluation of the state of things is wrong-  prove it to me with an iso.

I made a fc5t3 iso with kadischi several weeks ago, but only through the
anaconda gui. In my case, I can't use fc5 and kadischi until kickstart
works. No big deal, I can keep using fc4 for my distro for the time being.

Considering all the changes. Jasper and Chitlesh have done a great job
resurrecting the kadischi project. The idea that kadischi is trying to
compete with knoppix is kind of odd. I think there is some expectation
of that floating around...but no one on this list has made claims in
that direction. Knoppix is a downloadable iso, kadischi lets you roll
you own...big difference.

After watching ADIOS bomb endlessly in a myriad of ways, require
downloads from other projects, require kernel patching and rebuilding,
and never properly support FC3, and claim to support FC4 (but never
did), well...sure they had squashfs, but nothing else worked reliably.

Kadischi started becoming reliable (for me) just in time for my distro,
about 5-6 months ago. It was just in time and really solved a lot of
problems for our shop.

--
SW