[Fedora-livecd-list] request for comments in 04auth.sh: disabling firewall why?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sun Mar 19 23:08:53 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 02:15 -0800, Jane Dogalt wrote:
> I understand the disabling of selinux in 04auth.sh,

Yes, unfortunately we don't have anything to use for a live cd that
supports xattrs right now.  Hopefully that will change soon as SELinux
really is one of the things that sets Fedora apart in a lot of ways.

> but why is the user's
> firewall setting (presumably from both an interactive or kickstart install)
> overridden?

I think that having this at all is a very bad idea.  Again, security is
perhaps _more_ important for a live CD than for someone who is knowingly
installing a Linux distribution.

Jeremy