[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi - UI

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 27 22:01:31 UTC 2006

Jane Dogalt wrote:

>With the above, you could also allow a checkbox on a real native
>anaconda(fedora/redhat) install, say "create livecd boot image", which would go
>ahead and do a completely normal install on a system, but then leave a bonus
>bootable iso, say /root/anaconda-livecd.iso, for the user.
>
>Thus, for the people on this list who have talked about using kadischi to
>create deployable read-only livecd's for particular systems (say a particular
>dell hardware configuration, to be used as an appliance/kiosk), they could just
>do a normal install on one instance of the system, and boom, there is your
>livecd.

A user and contributor has also mentioned G4U-like (Ghost for Unix)
capabilities with Kadischi.
I thought it was a good idea also, in the sense a user's HDD
installation could be imaged and written to a live
disc for use at other times, or as a rescue environment for instance.

>Or even, if the system has a cd burner, you could do the install, and burn the
>cd right away.  Maybe just using temp space on an existing system partition
>(vfat even) to generate the install iso.

This is an idea I had personally thought about also.
Rather than ending the session with Kadischi with the ISO9660 CD image
only..
an even more-user friendly approach would be to ask if they would like
to burn it.

J. Hartline