[Fedora-livecd-list] kernel 'make rpm', kadischi and kernel version disconnect

Xavier Toth txtoth at gmail.com
Fri May 12 18:39:12 UTC 2006

I don't see how I would drop thw -1 from Release. The kernel make process
and specifically the mkspec script (which generated kernel.spec) add the
release number this is not something the user can control as best as I can
tell. I'm not an rpm expert but the kernel rpm doesn't appear to use the
release number in the install path directory name.