[Fedora-livecd-list] kadischi over usbstick installation

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 13:27:45 UTC 2006

On 11/18/06, sacarde <sacarde at tiscali.it> wrote:
> helo,
>   I try to install live-cd-fedora-kadischi into usb pendrive 1GB
>
> I done
>
> make filesystem vfat over usb sda1
> copy live cd into /dev/sda1
> copy /boot/syslionux/* into sda1
> syslinux /dev/sda
>
> but I have this error I have paste in
>
> http://spazioinwind.libero.it/sacarde/images/schermata8.png

Hi,

I'm not familiar with kadischi myself, but just to check if I understand:

1) you're trying to create a bootable usb stick?

2) you're trying to boot from this stick with qemu?

3) does qemu support booting from usb stick? (which options did you
use to start qemu?)

4) did you make any changes to the kadische scripts? (since it seems
it is looking for a cdrom drive at /cdrom instead of an usb-stick at
/dev/sda?)

Hope this helps,

Jeroen Janssen