[Fedora-livecd-list] Anaconda installer issue

Ahm ed zrchrn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 22:23:00 UTC 2006

I too had the idea of using anaconda to install from the live-cd, the idea
was to first use a dvd, then eventually find a way to narrow the package
list down, to allow for the use of a cd. I think however this may not ALWAYS
be the best method. I don't mind having the basic setup on the cd copied
directly to the disk, in that manner I don't have to use up a dvd, instead I
will only need to download and burn a CD.  So long as we get something like
ubuntu's reconstructer to allow each person to EASILY reconfigure the cd to
their tastes and their needs. Both ideas are necessary, an all inclusive dvd
and a basic cd. It would seem the use of anaconda on the dvd would be a good
idea since for the most part people won't want to have ALL that software
installed and anaconda allows for that customization.