[Fedora-livecd-list] gfxboot ???

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 21 11:54:27 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> Hai there,
>
> Has anyone consider gfxboot ?
> Ubuntu Live CD got the keyboard and language settings on it. I think
> it's worth to consider, since Fedora unity is spreading Fedora Livecds
> worldwide.
> Here is an example, i've made:
> http://chitlesh.googlepages.com/grub.iso
> 6MB
>
> I'll be working on pushing gfxboot to FE!
I just burned and booted that CD.. it turns out it's a SuSE Linux
gfxboot logo with the words
"SuSE Linux" at the top, while the boot entry is Fedora Core.
Was this intentional, or are you just displaying it's value as far as in
graphics?

Also, I don't know about the other projects on this list, however
Kadischi won't be using gfxboot unless
it resides in Core. Even Fedora Extras products are a no-go for
providing stock materal with Kadischi.

We already have stock bootsplash and additional memtest kernel.

J. Hartline