[Fedora-livecd-list] pilgrim livecd work

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 23 13:33:11 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> David, do you think that this may be posssible with the OLPC project.
> Jasper,  what do you think about it ?

I can't comment at this point because I know nothing about pilgrim.
I don't know it's code, just it's design goals, which is duplicated by
Kadischi.

I don't remember who said it, that pilgrim is closer to a
LiveCD-to-system installer
but of course that statement comes from my lack of notifying the list of
new Kadischi breakthroughs.

I am working with pnasrat currently to straighten out a threading bug I
assume is what it is in Anaconda
and as soon as this is fixed, if it is fixed a real installer disc will
be deployable with the intention to polish it.

In many ways sand in the LiveCD case, pilgrim duplicates Kadischi
functionality.
I see no sense in writing your own tools to do LiveCD-to-System installs
when you could use Anaconda.
We should have a Kadischi built, with Kadischi and Anaconda as payload
LiveCD-to-system installer disc shortly.

> Just like anaconda, kadischi does have some *business* interest :) by
> its users. Some of kadischi's users use it for their own small
> business and they are subcribed to this list.

Well as you know we've been contacted on teh list at least two times one
by a business owner and one by
a school board member or other educational entity in the hopes to build
mirror image LiveCD systems.
Kadischi being able to install to these systems if someone likes it by
"Pressing the install button" is close on the horizon.

J. Hartline