[Fedora-livecd-list] RFE- kickstart and package selection support for livecd installs

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Aug 6 18:50:19 UTC 2007

After having fully grokked the livecd-creator code, it occurs to me that it may
not be such a completely crazy idea to bring full package selection and even
kickstart support to the livecd installer.

The main constraint of course is having access to the 'core' or full repo,
either via network or existing disk filesystem.

The key aspect of feasibility I see, is how similar the task would be to the
existing livecd-creator base-on-iso code path.  I.e. that code path already
takes as input, a livecd type installation, and then effectively applies a
kickstart configuration to it.

If similar code were in anaconda, it could act on the on-disk installed system
after the normal liveinst/anaconda-livecd-backend installation.

Just a thought...  Probably more for F9 timeframe...

-dmc