[Fedora-livecd-list] [patch] Configuring Network after Configuring System

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 23:38:34 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 16:42 -0500, Douglas McClendon wrote:
> This might be the wrong list to be asking this, but out of curiosity-
>
> Why can't relabeling be done if the host is running with selinux
> disabled?  (selinux=0)
> It's just writing some metadata to the fs right?  Seems like it should
> be possible.

Because the kernel developers have deemed it unsafe to write out any
security xattrs which aren't understood by the kernel.  The fact that
they then get mapped to unlabeled_t doesn't seem to make much
difference.  Frankly, I think they're wrong, but lengthy attempts to
convince them in the past have been unsuccessful.  Maybe it's worth
tilting at that windmill again.  Dunno.

> And on a seperate note, I agree that prelinking really ought to be done
> in %post.  That's something that a kickstart user might be interested in
> doing in the non-livecd case as well, for the same reasons, right?

Yep.

Jeremy