[Fedora-livecd-list] SRPMS for installed RPMs?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Aug 19 11:11:46 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 00:58:21 +0200
> Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
>
>> Right so what I'm reading is that the code needs to forcibly disable
>> (not enable) source repositories initially then only enable them in
>> enable_source_repositories() or none of this works?
>>
>> That's a ticket ;-) [1]
>
> Yeah, sounds about right.  The trick is going to be figuring out what
> repos are source repos and which aren't, since they can be named
> anything (and keeping in mind that currently pykickstart just takes
> repo as an argument, it doesn't have the concept of a source-repo yet.
> Maybe an RFE?).

One of the things Revisor assumes when forcibly enabling source
repositories is that we can just append "-source" to whatever other
enabled (non-source) repository (using the 'id' of course).

It somewhat makes sense to require to append -source to a repositories
name to indicate it's the repositories source equivalent, doesn't it?
Technically though, one would want to be able to distinct a source repo
from a non-source repo as obviously like you said they could be named
anything.

This makes me wonder if we /really/ need some directive that says the
repo is a source repo, or whether we could just figure it out on our own
and do something intelligent with it. Like, we could initially only
_getSacks for the RPM compat arch list (minus src). Then when we want
source, _getSacks for the src arch. Maybe ;-)

This however would require that the user enables the source repositories
initially if he/she/it wants the sources to be pulled in, and we neglect
that we could be better off by appending -source to indicate it's a
source repo equivalent...

I'm not sure what is the best way to go here; specify 'source' somewhere
manually -which you do with appending -source to the repos id anyway-,
or detect automatically -in which case you would want -source appended
but you don't really need it.

Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen