[Fedora-livecd-list] SRPMS for installed RPMs?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 15:22:47 UTC 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:51:54 -0400
Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> My first question would be "why does it matter?"  Why not just have
> more repos listed and if you're doing something with sources, you
> deal with the repos and have your arches set to src as opposed to
> "binary" arches. Sure, it's more metadata, but at the end, you're
> going to end up churning through it all anyway, so I don't know that
> it's that large of a cost really

Right now?  Because yum throws out anything that doesn't match the
compat arch list when getting package listings.  So you get your
package listings from your enabled repos, and it throws out all the
source.  There doesn't seem to be a good way to 'reset' the object to
allow you to bring back in the source packages.

Now you're going to say "fix it in yum instead" and that's fine, that's
a reasonable answer.  May not be an easy task either.

We could make it not throw out those packages and make consumers of
_getSacks do the filtering on their own.

We could try to get yum objects to be able to 'reset' themselves.

We can do the somewhat status quo of Pungi and just create a new yum
object, add all the repos again, and do a _getSacks where the archlist
is 'src'.

Not sure what the best strategy is.  I suppose "working around" it in
pykickstart isn't the best.

--
Jesse Keating