[Fedora-livecd-list] my livecd-tools git notes

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Aug 20 22:26:19 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 05:23 -0500, Douglas McClendon wrote:
>> (I'm getting a sense of deja vu, that I'm learning the same lesson
>> someone else recently learned here.  Lets see if the 3rd time is the
>> charm...)
>
> It looks like you're getting hit by what Colin was where the list is
> eating some attachments :-/   FWIW, the "best" way of sending patches
> directly from git is git-format-patch followed by git-send-email; I need
> to sit down and write up some simple docs for using git + livecd-creator
> and best practices.  Where's that 36 hour day? ;-)

While I may use git-send-email someday, for the moment I prefer
attaching the patch manually to a thunderbird composed email.  What I
did to get the 3rd one through, was to manually delete the 4 email
header style lines from the git-format-patch patch (which I then
verified is still a validly apply-able patch syntax).

Anyway, FWIW, here are the notes I made to myself while learning the
second minimal level of git functionality.  Obviously no need for a
livecd-tools rehash of the fine git tutorials and docs already
available.  Or at least not for anything much more complicated than what
is attached.

-dmc