[Fedora-livecd-list] How to clone a HD install onto a livecd?

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 17:53:39 UTC 2007

--- Lars Bjørndal <lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no> wrote:

> Jane Dogalt <jdogalt at yahoo.com> writes:
> [...]
> > Not trivial, but very doable.  Of course, from my own perspective,
> > would just spend the time making a suitable pilgrim config file,
> rather
> > than cloning an existing system.  For storage space and
> reproducibility
> > and maintenance, thats a big win IMO.
>
> Yes, of course, but I have a system with a lot of packages that I
> only
> use in some situation, and just this system is handy also on CD, when
> I'm traveling for instance.

I was just pointing out that for instance, if you invest the time in
creating the livecd-creator spin configuration, then, for example when
f7 and f8 come out, it should be much easier to just rerun a command to
spit out a new iso, rather than deal with trying to upgrade the cloned
system.

-dmc/jdog