[Fedora-livecd-list] how do I build a local repository?

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 01:20:52 UTC 2007

do you mean mirroring a repository locally??

consider reading my blog posts
http://kagesenshi.blogspot.com/2007/01/howto-mirroring-yum-repositories-using.html
http://kagesenshi.blogspot.com/2007/01/howto-creating-your-own-yum-rpm.html

On 2/24/07, Luke K <kiguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the f7test1 livecd and it looks great!  I think this has the
> potential to really help the spread of Fedora.
>
> On the control panel I could only find an option to select the default
> printer, not actually set-up a printer (I'm aware of lpadmin but a GUI would
> be nice).
>
> Maybe the response to my questions below will be that I need to spend much
> more time reading about how repositories work, but I'll ask anyhow.
>
> On the LiveCDHowTo page the following example command is given:
>
> livecd-creator \
> --repo=c6,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/
> \
> --repo=c6_upd,
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/
> \
> --repo=lcd6,http://people.redhat.com/davidz/livecd/i386/ \
> --repo=e6,
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/
> \
> --package=fedora-livecd-desktop \
> --fslabel=Fedora-6-Zod-LiveCD-1-foo2
>
> If I want to use f7, do I replace "/6/" with "/development/", and remove the
> extras repo (which doesn't appear to exist for development).  Should I also
> change "repo=c6" etc. to "repo=c7" or does this not make any difference?

--repo=name,url .. you can put the name with anything you like

> I notice if I run the modified command above that RPM header files are
> downloaded into
> "/var/tmp/livecd-creator/build-tmp...../yum-cache/[lcdr_c6|lcdr_e6|lcdr_lcd6]/headers".
>  Is there a simpler way to build a local repository rather than using these
> to download the required RPM's?  I think it'd be good to have the option to
> keep downloaded RPM's after a build, and for the next build, only download
> any addition ones needed.
>
> Finally, I see that the RPM's do not sit inside the folder given to
> livecd-creator
> "http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/os/
> ", but inside the subfolder "Fedora/RPMS/".  Is this how I should structure
> my local repository?  Do I need anything other than RPM's in my local
> repository?

the hierarchy can be anything you like ... you just need to point the
url to the folder that contains the folder named "repodata" because
theres where the metadatas for the repo are stored

> many thanks
> Luke
> --

regards