[Fedora-livecd-list] wireless and liveCD

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Tue Jan 2 17:48:04 UTC 2007

Le mardi 02 janvier 2007 à 12:20 -0500, David Zeuthen a écrit :

> Rahul already explained why we cannot include this software on the live
> CD; it's really no different from why we can't include it in Fedora.

You just read slashdot? =:-D
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/01/142251

It isn't practical for a distributed liveCD because ndiswrapper needs
(on top of 16k kernel stack size) the Windows driver of the particular
card.

I am a week into using ndiswrapper on FC6 and FC5 machines with two
different USB WiFi adaptors. It is quite easy thanks to the 16K stack
kernels provided by linuxant (for the Linksys card on FC6).
NetworkManager and some modified scripts et voila!

I am having more problems with the Mac G3 in my sons room which will
require an EN->WiFi bridge as simple solution.

Tony