[Fedora-livecd-list] Failed to create LiveCD

Adam Dutko dutko.adam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 23:17:51 UTC 2007

David,

     Unfortunately the error:

rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30977) from db->close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
[...]
error: db4 error(-30977) from dbenv->close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30977) from db->close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30977) from dbenv->close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
Error installing packages
Error during installation...

fills the entire screen buffer and then some... I don't know of a way, other
than redirecting stdout to capture all of the information.  Considering it
takes a long, long time to build on my system it will take a little while to
do it that way.  I will capture the input and get back to you soon.  Another
interesting thing that happens, the above error occurs at the same time as
an I/O error related to the loopback device.  The following isn't an exact
duplicate but it is how it appears in my messages log:

/var/log/messages:Jan  7 21:11:37 laptop kernel: Buffer I/O error on device
loop0, logical block 772842
/var/log/messages:Jan  7 21:11:37 laptop kernel: lost page write due to I/O
error on loop0

I'm on the following... (uname -a)

Linux laptop.dux-linux.org 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 #1 Tue Mar 14 15:48:33 EST 2006
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Here is my SELinux conf file:

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=enforcing
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

I will do the following:

     1) Redirect stdout on the next build to capture the error and post my
findings.
     2) Turn off SELINUX (set to SELINUX=disabled), then redirect stdout on
a different build to see if I can get the error again, and post my findings.
     3) I will provide the complete I/O error in the the same post as 1 and
2.

Also, to reference your suggestion vnpenguin...

[amd59c at laptop python]$ rpm -ql kernel | grep squashfs
/lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/kernel/fs/squashfs
/lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5/kernel/fs/squashfs/squashfs.ko

The kernel I am on appears to have squashfs support.  :-)

Thank you for your help David, Thomas and vnpenguin.

-Adam