[Fedora-livecd-list] Setting video resolution on boot up

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 29 10:29:56 UTC 2007

Mailbox99 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I try to boot the LiveCD, my monitor shows that the resolution is
> too high / out of specification. I end up with a blank screen and have
> no way of accessing Fedora.
>
> I tried booting with the installer option of "resolution=1024x768",
> but the LiveCD appears to not accept that command.
>
> Video card is a Matrox P650, the monitor is a Compaq V75, CPU: P4, 2.8
> GHz, 1 GB ram.
>
> Question: Does the installer check the monitor resolution on boot up?
In the case of Kadischi, the resolution range is predefined using
Kickstart configuration files.

1) resolution= is an Anaconda parsed parameter.
2) vga= is a kernel parsed parameter.
3) You are not looking at "the installer" when you boot a LiveCD..
unless something has changed I am not aware of.
3a) ISOLINUX and GRUB are both bootloaders, but not installers.

My suggestion to you is to use a Kickstart configuration file using a
resolution and Hsync Vsync rates
which match your CRT or LCD.

If you are not meaning a LiveCD created by you with Kadischi, please
elaborate next time.
Hope this helps.

J. Hartline