[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd install usage case, was Re: How to compile c programs in fedora 7 KDE?

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 20:04:28 UTC 2007

--- Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 July 2007 15:02:45 Jane Dogalt wrote:
> > yum groupinstall Workstation (or Server or KDE-Workstation, etc...)
>
> yum grouplist
>
> Pick your groups and go.  We no longer have things defined like
> "Workstation"
> or "Server".

I guess what I really want is this-

yum spinlist

which would return things like

Fedora-LiveCD-Desktop
Fedora-LiveCD-KDE
Fedora-LiveDVD-Desktop
Fedora-LiveDVD-KDE

And then, having run this on a system that was installed from the
Fedora-LiveCD-Desktop, I would run

yum spininstall Fedora-LiveDVD-Desktop

which would in one brainless fell swoop get me all the things that you
smart fedora folks decided to package on a DVD which didn't have the
storage limitations of the CD I downloaded (because it was smaller,
more compatable with more systems, etc...)

(and yes, clearly this could all be done within the yum group
framework...)

-dmc/jdog