[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor stalls while downloading packages

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Thu Jul 5 22:07:39 UTC 2007

[snip]
>>> What type of media are you creating?
>>
>> A live cd.

[snip]
>> I've attached the three I've modified.  sw-gateway-ks-0.0.1.cfg is my
>> kickstart.  The 192.168... address is my local repository

[snip]

> I'm concerned with that, as Revisor (or actually the yum object Revisor
> creates for doing dependency resolving and downloading packages),
> really, really depends on good repositories. I see there's a disc1/
> directory which I can only hope is not the DVD of what the Fedora
> Project released, rather then the Everything tree.

I repointed that to RPMS.os.  All of a sudden I'm getting a 'no groups'
error right before resolving dependencies.  But, it's downloading
packages.  What's the problem with the install DVD?

> If you run from a gnome-terminal -like prompt, you can run:
>
> revisor --debug > ~/revisor.log

I didn't realize that's all that term means...  Interesting.

>>> Sure. Just not the face ;-)
>>
>> Hehehe.  Yeah.  (Almost) anything to avoid going back to customizing
>> knoppix.
>
> Gheghe, you know revisor started beating /some-other-application/ with a
> baseball bat, and *in* the face, right? ;-)

Jeroen, it feels like that ;-)  I suspect I'm missing an inside joke
here...  42, fully ladden swallows and Gheghe perhaps...  Ah well, 2 out
of 3 ain't bad...

thanks and regards, Tim