[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- improving livecd installer efficiency

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Wed Jul 11 05:08:56 UTC 2007

Russ,

If you are referring to the /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk tool, then
the problem I described is not the culprit.  If however you are talking
about the 'install to harddrive' feature run from within the fedora-7-livecd
environment, then yes, that would be affecting you.

If my theory is correct, the install time might be taking up to 70% longer than
it could (if implemented with the resize2fs procedures).

-dmc

russdyson at hotmail.com wrote:
> As a relative noob (only been into Linux for about 1 year -

and a lot of what you guys talk about goes over my head), I

would just like to add that with my 4GB usb2 stick it

does seem to take a disproportionaly long time to copy the

boot image files from the livecd iso file to the stick.

This might be because it is filling the rest of the drive with 0's

as you suggest.Still damn cool though!Russ.