[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- improving livecd installer efficiency

russdyson at hotmail.com russdyson at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 08:17:12 UTC 2007

Hi dmc,I was referring to the /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk tool and not the hard disk install.So just ignore me there then.Thanks.> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:08:56 -0500> From: dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org> To: fedora-livecd-list at redhat.com> Subject: Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- improving livecd installer efficiency> > Russ,> > If you are referring to the /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk tool, then> the problem I described is not the culprit.  If however you are talking> about the 'install to harddrive' feature run from within the fedora-7-livecd> environment, then yes, that would be affecting you.> > If my theory is correct, the install time might be taking up to 70% longer than > it could (if implemented with the resize2fs procedures).> > -dmc> > russdyson at hotmail.com wrote:> > As a relative noob (only been into Linux for about 1 year -> > and a lot of what you guys talk about goes over my head), I> > would just like to add that with my 4GB usb2 stick it> > does seem to take a disproportionaly long time to copy the> > boot image files from the livecd iso file to the stick.> > This might be because it is filling the rest of the drive with 0's> > as you suggest.Still damn cool though!Russ.> > --> Fedora-livecd-list mailing list> Fedora-livecd-list at redhat.com> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-livecd-list