[Fedora-livecd-list] [RFC/PATCH] livecd rebootless installer

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Wed Jul 11 20:17:21 UTC 2007

Elias Hunt wrote:
> Douglas,
>
> Assuming that iso-caching-to-disk feature is implemented, would it be
> easy to have the caching occur on an ext3 partition?

Yup Yup Yup :)  My 2001 project would scan for all partitions it could blindly
mount (mount -t auto), and use any that it found available with at least 2X the
free space needed.

I'll take your use-case as added motivation to work on a proof of concept
implementation of that feature...  So much code to write... so little time ;)

-dmc