[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- 'persistance' is on LiveCD wishlist - what does it mean?

On the Fedora LiveCD wiki's wishlist, is 'persistance' -

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD

"
* Persistence; e.g. the ability to save livecd changes (e.g. installed software) to a USB stick instead of tmpfs
    * LiveCD content + persistence all on a 1GB USB stick image
"

While I have plenty of ideas for this, and have vague memories of seeing other distributions do it, I'd like to get a feel for what the fedora community actually wants. I.e. lets design this feature. How should it work from the end user perspective?

Also, there are a bazillion distros and livecds out there, if you happen to know of any that do this in a way that you like, please mention them.

-dmc