[Fedora-livecd-list] Making a livecd usb flash with fedora 7

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 13:33:29 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Does the process of generating an usb flash key with a live cd work?
I was trying to make a live usb flash image based on fedora 7. I was
unsuccessful. I was able to take a live image and copy it over to a usb flash
device using livecd-iso-to-disk command. However, the device did not boot. It
would print a message that Grub was starting up and then give an "Error 17". The
attempt was to create a FC7 i686 image using a x86_64 rawhide machine. The
  I am wondering if there is some differences in what linux names the usb key
and what the bios names the device are causing the problems. The machine this is
running on is a compaq presario R3000.

-Will