[Fedora-livecd-list] Networkmanager anomaly

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 14:36:36 UTC 2007

I am experiencing a very strange anomaly with the Fedora 7 KDE Live CD on my
Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop.
NetworkManager works fine with the wired interface (Broadcom 440), and the
Wifi connection works fine (Intel 3945) when I use WPA security (pre-shared
key with Linksys 802.11g AP), but is does *not* work correctly when
attempting to connect to a completely OPEN access point (DLink 802.11b AP
with no encryption).

By circumventing NetworkManager I can connect to the OPEN AP just fine. When
I revert to Fedora Core 6 (installed on HD) everything works fine (including
NetworkManager with both WPA and OPEN AP). So the problem is experienced
only when using Fedora 7 with NetworkManager associating with my OPEN AP.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

--
"History doesn't repeat itself;
at best it rhymes."

| John Lucas
| MrJohnLucas at gmail.com
| St. Thomas, VI 00802
| http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/
| 18.3°N, 65°W  AST (UTC-4)                         |