[Fedora-livecd-list] Kadischi & Alternative Filesystems...

HAWKER, Dan Dan.HAWKER at uk4.astrium.eads.net
Thu Jun 7 13:54:05 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Apologies if this is completely off track, am scouting for
information...

Is it possible to use Kadischi with other filesystems apart from isos???

Reason.
We have an automated build system that creates custom FC distros for
some embedded devices. Presently uses Anaconda, Kickstart and PXE to
boot the device and install the distro. Works well enough.

There is a requirement to have the entire mini-distro use initramfs
which it pulls off of a CF card on the device.

As we already have the Anaconda and kickstart pieces in place and
working, I wondered if I could use Kadischi to fire the entire build
into a cpio archive for placement on the CF card.

I was looking at just using yum to pump the rpms in the right place and
then finish it all off from there, but Kadischi/Anaconda provides a few
extras which would hopefully reduce the *kludginess* of it all :)

I noticed in the list archives that this has been raised before, I just
wondered if it had gotten any further than that???

TIA

Dan

--

Dan Hawker
Linux System Administrator

--

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.