[Fedora-livecd-list] Adding files into the CD root file system

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 19:10:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 08:45 +0200, Alexandre Magaz Graça wrote:
> I'm making a LiveCD that I want to autorun (from Windows and Linux) to
> open a browser showing some help about how it works. So I added a new
> option that lets add to the CD root file system.
>
> If someone finds it useful, the attached patch adds this option to
> pilgrim. The patch is for the latest git version.

While this is useful, more generally, you may want to add other
directories as well.  Or be able to modify the bootloader config.  So I
wonder if more accurately what's wanted is really implementing
--nochroot for %post from the config.  That way, you could do whatever
you want.

The reason against is that it's kind of scary to let an unchroot'd
script run when creating live CDs as the config may or may not be
trustable.

Jeremy