[Fedora-livecd-list] patch review and move of livecd scm

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 14:56:45 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 22:07:33 David Zeuthen wrote:
> Also, for Fedora, where do you
> envision will we store such Kickstart configuration files? In an SCM of
> some sort I presume?

This is a problem I have to solve for pungi as well.  I'd like to keep the
config file/manifest file somewhere in public scm, but I keep running into a
brain block when thinking about what to name such a repo.  We have comps, I'm
half way tempted to make a new repo that has a comps/ subdir, a compose/ and
a livecd/ or something like that and call it fedora-compose or some such.
Just thinking out loud.

> Will we have separate kickstart files per arch? I presume we want the
> package selection to differ for x86_64, ppc and x86, just by virtue that
> it's going to be larger for the former two. Can Kickstart do this
> already?

By just listing various groups from comps, you can have a singular package
set.  Some of the packages won't be available on some arches and that's ok,
the tool should allow for that.  Warn about missing packages but don't error
out.  Really the only thing that differed in my kickstart files from arch to
arch was the source of the install, and I made that a stub that was included
into a singular unified kickstart file.  I'm pretty sure we can have just one
ks file for all the arches.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora