[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: patch review and move of livecd scm

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 17:10:58 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 13:26 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 11:27 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 22:07 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > > Sorry for being slow in reviewing patches; most of my time past two
> > > month been spent traveling and working on other features on Fedora 7.
> > > Enough with bad excuses. Anyway, looks like Jeremy and Bill been kicking
> > > ass writing patches so I've merged them all into master.
> >
> > Cool, sounds good.
> >
> > > Btw, Jeremy, where can I find a kickstart file?
> >
> > I sent one with the initial kickstart patch.  My current one doesn't
> > quite fit on a CD as I try to make it have roughly the same package set
> > as the default distro install does.
>
> I tried this last night but livecd-creator fails without useful error
> messages.. and cleanup don't work so I'm left with /dev/loop0 which is
> mounted and I have to clean up by hand. Not to sound like a whiner
> (though I probably am) but please fix look into this and make sure that
> HEAD don't contain such errors in the future. HEAD should always be
> working.
>
> (FWIW, I think this is because yum is throwing exceptions left and right
> when adding groups and packages.)

It's working fine for me here with a fresh clone...  do you have more
information on said exceptions?  Attached patch should make it so that
you get a traceback instead of just a printout of "something bad
happened".  Since that should help a lot when people actually have
problems.

Jeremy

PS Will get to the rest of the mails after lunch