[Fedora-livecd-list] Packages to install say they are already installed.

john pleines fuzzy601 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 22:47:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

Been trying to create a livecd using the latest version of the script and
running across a problem where yum complains packages are already installed
twice for each package I've asked for. However when the script goes to
execute get_kernel _version, it replies nothing is there, (i.e. nothing got
installed, so index out of range.) In the process of working through this
I've sprinkled additional debug print of the form "** message follows".

I've included the output of the script and the kickstart file I've been
using.

>From the debug messages it is like it is not looking at the livecd tree but
actually looking at the system I am running the script on.

I'm running the respin 01/2007 of fc6 patched as of yesterday. With
livecd-creator out of git from yesterday. Also have a version of
pykickstart.version, which wasn't in fc6 as I'd updated.

I'm using local repo's and per Jeremy's suggestion do not reference them
with any part of the phrase  "core" in them. I've also temporarily moved
everything out of /etc/yum.repos.d to make sure yum didn't see any of the
repo files.

The initial version 1 release of the script worked, but I needed the patch
which updated to isolinux, because I eventually will need syslinux and the
livecd to boot from a thumb drive. I tried patching, but the script broke,
Jeremy point me to a patched version (through isolinux and iso name length I
believe), still had problems.

Anybody have any ideas on what could be the problem(s) ?

thanks,

John