[Fedora-livecd-list] F7 livecd login screen is confusing.

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 19:07:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 15:02 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> > Also, fwiw, the face browser is hidden in 800x600 because a lot of
> > geeks^Wpeople wanted to test this in qemu/vmware/kvm. Maybe a lot of
> our
> > users do this too. I don't know. Anyway, realistically a lot of the
> > reviewers are going to test our live cd this way so I think Ray's fix
> > needs to be revisited. Ray?
>
> well, maybe we need a livecd specific theme?  I guess that's the easiest
> way to fix this problem.

I disagree; our current theme should be able to cope just nicely with
this. If you think about it what Will is complaining about it's just as
true in the non-livecd use case. The only difference probably being that
livecd users never seen a Linux system before - and that I don't even
buy. We should solve this for both.

> For the livecd case, it might even be nice to just take whatever
> username the user enters and create the user, give them sudo access,
> etc.

I think that's a bit over the top... FWIW, since the root password is
blank consolehelper just works without asking for the root password.

> If we do that then we'll need to hide Sessions completely because
> Sessions would provide overlapping and conflicting functionality.

It's already hidden well enough I think.

    David