[Fedora-livecd-list] No init after installation [WAS: Fedora7-Test3-KDE (proposal)]

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Tue Mar 27 09:21:13 UTC 2007

Am Tue, 27 Mar 2007 01:39:45 +0200
schrieb Sebastian Vahl <ml at deadbabylon.de>:

> Am Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:50:58 +0200
> schrieb Sebastian Vahl <ml at deadbabylon.de>:
>
> > Maybe I'm doing something wrong or the account system needs some
> > extra time today. Attached is my (hopefully) final version for kde
> > test3.
> >
> > Sebastian
>
> Mhh. maybe not. After installation to harddisk and reboot I'm getting
> a kernel panic because no init could be found. So it seems that I'm
> missing an essential package. I will look at this tomorrow. Attached
> is the full package list. Perhaps someone could point me to the
> missing package. A few days ago harddisk installation worked fine.
>
> Actual spinned gnome-desktop version does not have this error.
>
> Sebastian

Ok. There is no package missing. But I have no idea what is getting
wrong. If I chroot into the new installed partition (no matter if from
normal installation or from livecd) and reinstall the kernel, this
installation boots then. If I compare the extracted initrds before and
after reinstalling the kernel the only difference is, that the last one
doesn't contain dm-mirror.ko, dm-mod.ko,dm-snapshot.ko, dm-zero.ko (I'm
not using lvm on my host). And in the init itself sdb1 is replaced with
LABEL=/1 in mkrootdev.

Is there a way to tell liveinst/anaconda to be very verbose?
--loglevel=debug inserted in /usr/sbin/liveinst does not produce
interesting logs.

Sebastian