[Fedora-livecd-list] No init after installation [WAS: Fedora7-Test3-KDE (proposal)]

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Tue Mar 27 13:47:07 UTC 2007

Am Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:53:41 +0200
schrieb Sebastian Vahl <ml at deadbabylon.de>:

> Am Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:21:13 +0200
> schrieb Sebastian Vahl <ml at deadbabylon.de>:
>
> > Ok. There is no package missing. But I have no idea what is getting
> > wrong. If I chroot into the new installed partition (no matter if
> > from normal installation or from livecd) and reinstall the kernel,
> > this installation boots then. If I compare the extracted initrds
> > before and after reinstalling the kernel the only difference is,
> > that the last one doesn't contain dm-mirror.ko,
> > dm-mod.ko,dm-snapshot.ko, dm-zero.ko (I'm not using lvm on my
> > host). And in the init itself sdb1 is replaced with LABEL=/1 in
> > mkrootdev.
> >
> > Is there a way to tell liveinst/anaconda to be very verbose?
> > --loglevel=debug inserted in /usr/sbin/liveinst does not produce
> > interesting logs.
>

> Here is a "screenshot" from the error. The next point there
> normally should be to start "Red Hat nash":
> http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p3210195gi7.jpg
>
> I've also tried a two days old version without the groups in kickstart
> file. This one does not show the error and that confuses me. Maybe the
> error is produced by a package that do not exist in old version?

It seems to be a selinux thing. When installing with selinux enabled
there are no entries in auditd.log. But booting from the new
installation is not possible. When booting the livecd with enforcing=0
there are still no entries in audit.log but the new installation could
boot.

With the first installation I've tried to recreate the initrd inside a
chroot into this partition. when using /sbin/newkernel-package,
setroubleshoot gives me the attached error. After doing an "restorecon
-v /lib/ld-linux.so.2" (inside chroot) I don't get the error and the new
created initrd is working.

I will check my hostsystem. The error must be there, I think.

Sebastian