[Fedora-livecd-list] Installation: monitor suspend with different timezones

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Mon May 7 09:53:42 UTC 2007

Hi.

When installaling a kde livecd and selecting a different timezone (eg. one
from europe) the monitor will suspend

When I select a different timezone (eg. one from europe) in Anaconda during
installation from a kde livecd the monitor will suspend when Anaconda changes
the timezone (AFAIK after formatting the partitions). It will come back when
moving the mouse or hitting any key. But I think this is a little bit
confusing for non-experienced users.

In gnome livecd this would not happen. I'm not sure if this is related to
anaconda, metacity/gnome or kwin/kde (powersaving is disabled in kde). I've
also tried this with installing and using openbox on the gnome cd. Then the
monitor is also suspended.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Sebastian