[Fedora-livecd-list] root passwd reset to blank when running livecd-creator with --base-on flag

Elias Hunt hunt at m2s.com
Mon May 7 20:51:21 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Thanks to the switch to the Fedora 7 base I've been able to get much
farther in livecd creation. However I'm not having a problem where after
creating my initial image, I run a -base-on instance with a custom
package that assigns local settings and a root user password. At the end
of each run I see a flag go by that says "Removing password for user
root". Sure enough that is happening. I can't find anywhere in my custom
package that would be doing it, so I have to assume it's the
livecd-creator application at the end of its run. Is there a way to
disable that? Or a method other than a script within an RPM that would
be preferred for this?

Thanks.

-Eli

--