[Fedora-livecd-list] building an automatic installer with livecd-creator

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon May 21 17:39:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm still working on building a fedora7 livecd which turns into a textmode
installer...

Basically I'm there, but I still have found some problems (which are all
workaroundable, but...).

I've been using fedora7 as of today and livecd from git as of today, to build
the image. The config is at
http://xs-dev.laptop.org/holger/livecd-xs-installer-9.ks and the resulting iso
is at http://xs-dev.laptop.org/holger/My-Fedora-LiveCD-9.iso

The first problem is at the very end of the build process:
anaconda-runtime not installed; not setting up mediacheck

This is strange, as a.) anaconda-runtime is installed on the build-host and
b.) is included in livecd-xs-installer-9.ks

The CD boots fine and starts anaconda in textmode. Then there is the second
problem: the questions about installing grub only appear, if I choose to
review the partioning layout! (I basically just say "ok" to all questions.)

Then, when I eject the CD and boot the installed system, it starts grub, but
there is not /boot/grub/menu.lst. When I configure grub manually (select root
device, kernel & initrd), the system boots fine.

But then I hit the fourth problem: I can login as root without a password. (In
the newly installed system.)

Attached is anaconda.log from /tmp/anaconda.log after an installation without
reviewing the partioning layout and thus without the grub questions, the
atached anacond2.log is from one with the grub questions. Except for that and
the dates, those are identical though.

regards,
	Holger