[Fedora-livecd-list] Refactoring livecd-creator and providing an API

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 15:08:26 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 18:07 -0800, Jane Dogalt wrote:
> Probably what I was getting at here- is- why not use anaconda --rootpath inside
> livecd-creator?

Because that pulls along a lot of things which deal with the specific
flow of system installation.  Making it so that the anaconda frontend to
doing all of that is more usable for other methods is something I've
spent way too long and thought way too hard about before going this
route... but doing that is going to be a far longer path.

One thing to read between the lines of what some of the exposed API, etc
underneath livecd-creator is that the fact that we're using a
pykickstart object to describe the configuration is very important.
Because the longer-term idea is to move the anaconda instdata stuff to
instead be based on the pykickstart objects.  And then we'll move all of
the interesting code there to be shared.

Jeremy