sqlitesack.py error, was Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] traceback when installing openssh-server

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Tue Oct 2 19:26:55 UTC 2007

Alexandre Magaz Graça wrote:
> Hi,
> Since some days ago, livecd-creator is falling with this traceback
> (latest git version):
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 1503, in <module>
>     sys.exit(main())
>   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 1483, in main
>     target.unmount()
>   File "/usr/bin/livecd-creator", line 503, in unmount
>     self.ayum.close()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 92, in
> close
>     self._repos.close()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/repos.py", line 76, in close
>     repo.close()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 257, in
> close
>     self.sack.close()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 233,
> in close
>     del self.pkgobjlist
> AttributeError: pkgobjlist
>
> I noticed that it only happened when the base group is installed. After
> some tests, I discovered it was caused by the openssh-server package (ks
> attached). It worked when I tested in another machine, but failed againg
> after a system update which included yum (from 3.2.1-1.fc7 to 3.2.5-1.fc7).
>
> Could someone give some hint about how to find out what is making it fail?

see

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2007-September/msg00116.html

I got around it by grabbing yum and python-iniparse srcrpms from rawhide
and rpm --rebuild(ing) them, before using them to update an otherwise
normal f7+updates system.

Then I was able to get git livecd-tools to work.

TODO: start a livecd-tools:/usr/share/doc/livecd-tools*/FAQ which has an
entry for this, along with snippets about cachedir usage, and can serve
as a general placeholder for things until they either make it into the
documentation, or become obsolete.

-dmc