[Fedora-livecd-list] Removing packages

Jon Steer jsteer at bitscout.com
Tue Oct 2 21:28:04 UTC 2007

Ok.. so I'm confused.. you would only want to remove a package that you
didn't want, so you wouldn't have added it in the first place unless you
were using groups and then removing packages you didn't want.

Is this what the package removal feature in the kickstart file is for? Just
removing things that got added from groups that had no dependencies?

thanks,
jon

On 10/2/07, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 15:34 -0400, Jon Steer wrote:
> > I have attempted to remove "wireless-tools" in my packages section,
> > but it doesn't get removed. Does this mean it won't remove if there
> > are dependencies? I thought a --nodeps was being done for this?
>
> No, --nodeps isn't done and won't be.
>
> > I have noticed in other peoples kickstart files, they specify the same
> > package for removal multiple times? Is there some hidden ordering
> > issue I'm missing?
>
> Probably more an issue of not realizing they're present more than once.
> Saying it more than once doesn't really change anything :)
>
> Jeremy
>

> --

"Don't stand still, if you see me running down the road, 'cause there is
trouble right behind me".