Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] missing filetypes for 2 files on LiveCD

+1

FWIW, some LiveCDs have an index.htm or index.html file in the root of the cdrom that holds the readme and links to an html version of the GPL, etc. Going off memory, there's an autorun dot something file in the root of many windows cds that is used to automatically open such creatures when they're inserted in a windows box. Knoppix uses this to give info about the cd, links to the project and give a soft sell on the product. Pretty cool, low effort promotional tactic IMHO. I believe there's something similar for OS X, and (if anyone decides to take this approach), I've got a MacBook Pro, so I could dig up and test the comparable widgit for that OS. Heck... I could do the same thing with XP...

Tim