[Fedora-livecd-list] Cannot find root file system!

offset offset at ubersecurity.org
Fri Oct 19 15:05:10 UTC 2007

Newbie alert :)

Looking to get up-to-speed on Fedora LiveCD so I can custom build my own security tools that I can boot from cd, rather than lug around my laptop everywhere.  I did see the Security fedora livecd wiki, so I'll have to poke around there as well.

I'm getting the following errors when booting the livecd iso that I created in vmware.

udevd[297]: add_to_rules: the 'device' link is deprecated and will be removed from a future kernel, please fix it in /etc/udev/rules.d/00-cdlabel.rules:1

WARNING: Cannot find root file system!

if I add root=/dev/sr0 to the boot line, the cd boots fine, so I'm curious as how to fix the udevd error.

thanks,
--
offset - ubersecurity org