[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- proposal for livecd filesystem layout changes

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Thu Sep 20 20:07:13 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 01:25 -0500, Douglas McClendon wrote:
>> Douglas McClendon wrote:
>>
>>> A downside, is that an F7 version of livecd-iso-to-disk would not work
>>> with an F8 livecd.  I think its worth it, but I admit it is a downside.
>> Though OTOH, an f7-updates version of livecd-tools mitigates this.
>
> Yeah, I suspect we would need to do this.  Which gets a little tricky
> with some of the config changes unless I can twist clumens's arm into
> putting out a pykickstart update as well :-/

How about we split livecd-iso-to-disk into its own package, specifically
because of the use-case scenario of a user just wanting to put their
newly downloaded f8-livecd on usb, without any need or interest in
full-blown livecd-creation?

And install it by default, perhaps even in the minimal base spin config?

-dmc