Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- proposal for livecd filesystem layout changes

Douglas McClendon wrote:
Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 01:25 -0500, Douglas McClendon wrote:
Douglas McClendon wrote:

A downside, is that an F7 version of livecd-iso-to-disk would not work with an F8 livecd. I think its worth it, but I admit it is a downside.
Though OTOH, an f7-updates version of livecd-tools mitigates this.

Yeah, I suspect we would need to do this.  Which gets a little tricky
with some of the config changes unless I can twist clumens's arm into
putting out a pykickstart update as well :-/

How about we split livecd-iso-to-disk into its own package, specifically because of the use-case scenario of a user just wanting to put their newly downloaded f8-livecd on usb, without any need or interest in full-blown livecd-creation?

And install it by default, perhaps even in the minimal base spin config?

This sounds like a good idea especially if we provide a menu option to make this feature more visible to users and reviewers who don't read the release notes which is unfortunately quite a lot.

Rahul