[Fedora-livecd-list] LIveCD/USB + Persistance

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Thu Sep 27 01:34:15 UTC 2007

Mike Dickson wrote:
> I am interested getting a USB stick up and running w/ the F8T2 LIve
> install plus adding persistence.  Who is working on this and how can I
> install it?

To save you some trouble (is there a 'native' way to search the archives
of this list, other than googling?)-

Here is the simple persistence implementation from asdas at redhat.com,
which due to not living on a loopback file on a filesystem, is I believe
not susceptible to some of the non-shutdown-cleanly-corruption problems
that my implementation has.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2007-August/msg00182.html

It would need to be updated to take into consideration my recently
applied de-hardcoding of loop devices patch, but that shouldn't be too hard.

As yet, I haven't really heard much feedback regarding people using
either that implementation, or the persistence-data-as-a-file
implementation that I've been posting.

Note, I'll update that one fairly soon, to use udev rules instead of the
/var/tmp/ state file that it currently uses.

-dmc